Howdy folks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Howdy folks

Post by Ozymandias on Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:57 am

Tried to think of something original to use in place of an introduction but no such luck. So here's some everyday and boring stuff, just so you know with whom you are dealing with.

Greek, male, on my way to my 33rd year of age, living in Athens, Greece (initially typed "tear" instead of year, well I guess that's strangely appropriate in some sense). Not the best WoT player out there, not the worst either. Interests besides MMO's include reading (lots of it) and movies (much less than I used to). Also football, but rather as a spectator/armchair manager, not as a player.

WoT-wise, I play passable TD's and heavies, less so meds and lights. Favorite tanks include T49, T25 AT, KV-3 and AMX 50 100. Highest tier tank I own is the Lorraine at tier 9, a purchase I still question but oh well, what's done is done.

Was avoiding joining a clan because I kind of dislike military structure/politics (served my time in the army, not looking for any more of that) but I've played with a number of guys from WJDE through the forumites channel and was impressed with their attitude. So I read the forum, saw you are not really hardcore-oriented and that you take noobs like me and here I am giving this whole clan business a try.

Go easy on me, this is after all my first clan Smile Lube and TLC are highly recommended.

Any other questions you might have, I'll be glad to answer. Appreciate being accepted. Looking forward to tooning with you.
Ozymandias
Pink Fluffy Bunny
Pink Fluffy Bunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Howdy folks

Post by diavolo_rosso on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:25 am

welcome, as for your tears wait until you get a bit older lol!  i must say your english is very good, i look forward to meeting up on the battlefield...
diavolo_rosso
Soldier
Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skudakoi on Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:48 am

Welcome aboard Ozy. I have a question for you.

How would you know when you are out of invisible ink?
skudakoi
Webmaster
Webmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozymandias on Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:21 pm

diavolo_rosso wrote:welcome, as for your tears wait until you get a bit older lol!  i must say your english is very good, i look forward to meeting up on the battlefield...
Thank you signore red devil. Good words from native english speakers always mean something. Though as you will find out, I do have my grammar fails at times. Especially when I've gotten angry at my battlefield fails. See you there.

skudakoi wrote:Welcome aboard Ozy. I have a question for you.

How would you know when you are out of invisible ink?
*Thinks hard for a moment* But invisible ink isn't REALLY invisible...right?...oh, damn...trick questions...mutter...mutter...

Seriously, I got a better solution for you. Use lemon juice instead. Does the job and you can always lick the bottle at any time and find out if you got any left.
Ozymandias
Pink Fluffy Bunny
Pink Fluffy Bunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diavolo_rosso on Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:14 am

Ozymandias wrote:Thank you signore red devil. Good words from native english speakers always mean something. Though as you will find out, I do have my grammar fails at times. Especially when I've gotten angry at my battlefield fails. See you there.
i see what you mean Wink  my wife in her capacity as an english teacher would have a fit, gotten is one of her pet hates - darn americanisms spreading through the mother language Very Happy 
i thought your user name was familiar i just wiki'd it, i'm pretty sure it was used in the PC game series civilisation - one of my favourites years ago...

Last edited by diavolo_rosso on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
diavolo_rosso
Soldier
Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozymandias on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:08 am

diavolo_rosso wrote:i see what you mean Wink  my wife in her capacity as an english teacher would have a fit, gotten is one of her pet hates - darn americanisms spreading through the mother language Very Happy 
i thought your user name was familiar i just wiki'd it, i'm pretty sure it was used in the PC game series civilisation - one of my favourites years ago...
Yeah well, since I was educated in a Greek-American high school, americanisms are as much a part of me as...beer really. So um, better get used to those Very Happy 

Seeing as your wife is an English teacher, I'm betting she would have stuff to say about my user name. Like you said it did appear in the Civlization series (great games btw, totally agree there) but tbh I really did take it from the original poem by Shelley. Did I mention we were taught FAR too much British and US Literature while I was at school? Yeah, that's enough to traumatise my young soul and make me choose nicknames such as this instead of something more normal. Too bad nowadays most people associate it only with the Watchmen movie...ah well. Can't have everything now can I?
Ozymandias
Pink Fluffy Bunny
Pink Fluffy Bunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sessine on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:15 am

It's a great poem.

Nice to meet other Civ fans. Really loved the heavy modded Civ 3 Conquest stuff (escape from zombie island, age of imperialism deluxe). Civ 4 meh, never tried 5.

Sessine
Soldier
Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by diavolo_rosso on Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:00 am

Ozymandias wrote:Seeing as your wife is an English teacher, I'm betting she would have stuff to say about my user name. Like you said it did appear in the Civlization series (great games btw, totally agree there) but tbh I really did take it from the original poem by Shelley. Did I mention we were taught FAR too much British and US Literature while I was at school? Yeah, that's enough to traumatise my young soul and make me choose nicknames such as this instead of something more normal. Too bad nowadays most people associate it only with the Watchmen movie...ah well. Can't have everything now can I?
yes, she's has a few students who've been to american schools and tries to beat it out of them Shocked  before they sit proper english exams...

Sessine wrote:It's a great poem.
Nice to meet other Civ fans. Really loved the heavy modded Civ 3 Conquest stuff (escape from zombie island, age of imperialism deluxe). Civ 4 meh, never tried 5.
have to agree, especially about Civ3 though i did play 4 quite a bit, i still do occasionally if the internet is down...
diavolo_rosso
Soldier
Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sword_of_Damocles on Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:11 pm

Yestarday(october 1) we had a perfect conversation in the clan chat about pants and lingerie!
every clan should include some Greekz for teh lulz!

Looking forward to the next conversation and 1 question if you may.
Where did you serve in the army?

Personally,i served in an artillery battalion at Kos island back in 2007-2008.Stayed there from september 2007 till august 2008,when my service was ended.

H

Sword_of_Damocles
Soldier
Soldier

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozymandias on Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:02 am

The convo was amzing. Next time I promise I'll be drunk on top and I'll be able to contribute more Smile

Greek Trolls United!!

Artilleryman eh? Well, I served in the Armored Corps (hence the avatar, a man can leave the army but unfortunately the army never leaves him), from May 2008 to May 2009. First part of my service (excluding boot camp at Avlona) was in Rhodes, 95th Armoured Reconnaissance Battalion (95 ΕΑΝΕΘ) stationed at Gennadi, at the southernmost point of the island. It was pretty much like being stationed in a Far West town but at least it was considered a difficult unit to serve in so that gave me lots of points to secure an easier (and closer to home) second transfer. Left the island in November 2008 and was transferred to the 74th Mobilisation Unit (74 ΜΕ), a mixed unit stationed in Thiva, inside the Artillery Training Center. So I know a lot about Artillery folks, was around a TON of them until I was discharged in May 2009. I must admit your Training Center was far better than ours, when I saw you guys had dishwashers my jaw dropped, memories from the dish piles at Avlona were TOO painful.

Too much information? Very Happy 
Ozymandias
Pink Fluffy Bunny
Pink Fluffy Bunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by we_just_dinged_em on Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:13 am

I was in the RAF, we don't dig in, we check in - FACT

5 - STuG III, AT 2, LEFH 18 B2
6 - Dicker Max, SU100, SU100Y, PZ IV S, FV304
7 - SU 122 44, E25, AT15A
8 - ISU 152, T-34
9 -
10 - Object 268, Jagdpanzer E100

we_just_dinged_em
Clan Commander
Clan Commander

Location : In your house, rummaging in your wifes knicker drawer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by skudakoi on Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:54 am

My dad was in the RAF and I was born on a RAF camp if that counts?
skudakoi
Webmaster
Webmaster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozymandias on Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:20 am

skudakoi wrote:My dad was in the RAF and I was born on a RAF camp if that counts?
More than my 1 year of service counts, that's for certain.
Ozymandias
Pink Fluffy Bunny
Pink Fluffy Bunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by we_just_dinged_em on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:16 am

skudakoi wrote:My dad was in the RAF and I was born on a RAF camp if that counts?
Depends, if it was RAF Marham I class you as a mutant and will expel you from the clen immediately.

8 - ISU 152, T-34
9 -

we_just_dinged_em
Clan Commander
Clan Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozymandias on Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:21 am

Shouldn't you flyboys be playing WoWP then? What are you doing playing with tenks? Razz
Ozymandias
Pink Fluffy Bunny
Pink Fluffy Bunny

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by we_just_dinged_em on Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:02 am

Cos there isn't an MMO available for putting bombs on aircraft and servicing ejection seats - otherwise I would play that

8 - ISU 152, T-34
9 -

we_just_dinged_em
Clan Commander
Clan Commander

View user profile

Back to top Go down